What We Do:
"Our goal is to empower every student to achieve an educational level higher than high school. To that end, we provide an understanding of how the educational system works, provide speakers on how they made it, counselors on how to get money to help with the journey and tips on how to create a support system.
Here at Progressive, children are an enormous part of our Christian work. But life outside these walls requires preparation in other disciplines as well. Through our three programs we show the youth how God loves them and hears their prayers. We invite students from 7th-grade through High school to come out and grow. We also invite parents to come out and join as we try to make a difference in our children’s lives. They are tomorrow’s world."
* To empower youth to become Christ-centered leaders who provide service to their community
* To prepare, encourage and inspire our youth to strive for academic excellence
* To recognize the academic and personal achievements of our members
* To provide financial assistance to youth who are pursuing higher education
The vision of the Academic Empowerment Ministry is that each youth of the Progressive Community Church strives for academic excellence, and spreads the joy and love of Christ throughout their community.
List of the programs we support:
- Mid-Year Recognition program
- End-of-Year Recognition and Gift Fund program
- College Bound Workshop
Elder Liaison Alex J Earl Jr